Whispers of the Dead and Grim Favours are a type of endgame action in Diablo 4, and can be done once the main storyline has been completed. It’s a system where you complete tasks for rewards, much like a bounty system. If you’re having trouble with Diablo 4’s Whispers of the Dead or Grim Favours, check out our handy tutorial! This post contains minor spoilers as we discuss an endgame activity.
Diablo 4 Grim Favors and Whispers of the Dead guide
Opening the Tree of Whispers
When you’ve finished the task, an alert will pop up with information regarding Diablo 4’s endgame content. These include things like Whispers of the Dead, Nightmare Dungeons, the Capstone Dungeon required to access World Tiers, and Helltide Events.
Whispers of the Dead in Diablo 4 is a quest that can only be completed by visiting the Tree of Whispers. Don’t worry; you’ll be visiting this famous monument in the Hawezar region soon enough. Since the project is finished, however, the tree and a certain local resident have opened up new employment opportunities.
Whisper of the Dead Activities and getting Grim Favors
Jobs in Diablo 4: Whispers of the Dead are analogous to bounties in other games. There is a certain number of points, known as Grim Favours, included in each role. Acquiring 10 Grim Favours is the main objective. When you open your map, a bar will show you this information.
Caldeum’s sub-zone is all that’s available at first as a taste of what’s to come. Some typical bounties and the associated Grim Favours are listed below.
- Sum up the grim favours in a dungeon: +5.
Accumulate a region: +3 Kill enemies in the subzone to steal their Venous Motes (essences/orbs). Evaluation gameplay revealed that overworld-only removes (and not their dungeon- and cellar-level counterparts) drop essences.
Empty a cellar and gain 1 Grim Favour.
Sum total of a spooky event: +1 Grim Favour.
Gain 1 Grim Favour by killing a high-level enemy and eliminating an elite.
Pick an adversary class: Gain an extra Grim Favour point by eliminating numerous foes of a specific category (in this case, Caldeum Knights).
Closing Ritual Bonus (+3) Do X different types of altars in a zone a favour for some grim rewards.
Gain 5 Grim Favours for defeating a World Boss.
The Harvest goal and Altar of Reaping
The Harvest bounty in a certain area can be completed in addition to other tasks. Let’s say you want to pull a stunt and eliminate a top-tier player. The enemies you eliminate on the overworld map will also drop Venous Motes while you are accomplishing these things. You can grab these fiery red orbs if you see them.
Once you’ve collected the necessary motes (in this case, 100), you can head to the pivotal location to activate the Altar of Reaping. This will cause the generation of at least three elites. When you defeat them, you’ll gain three additional Grim Favours.
Optimum Grim Favors and acquiring your benefits
You need 10 Grim Favours, as said before, to kip down the assignment to the Tree of Whispers. Here are some other considerations:
- Once you’ve collected 10 Grim Favours, you can’t earn any more points in Whispers of the Dead until you abandon the task. Later on, more points might be transferred. Let’s say you started with 9 Grim Favours and completed a required dungeon, giving you 14 Grim Favours in total. You can’t return to the Tree of Whispers without the final four Grim Favours.
- You can choose from three different reward tiers for the Diablo 4 Whispers of the Dead event. These let you know what kinds of loot you can expect to find (e.g., chest armour is a common drop from the “Collection of Chestplates”). The presence of a well-known substitute guarantees the success of the product type in question. If not, then random number generation must be used. Naturally, as you progress through higher World Tiers, your chances of obtaining legendary drops increase.
- Many new bounties, including those in PvP zones like the Fields of Hatred, will become available to you after you have spent down your Grim Favours for the first time.
- Keep in mind that there is a time limit of one hour and thirty minutes on all bounties. After that time period ends, a fresh set will be added.